Erciyes University Faculty of Medicine was founded in 1968 with Gevher Nesibe Hospital, which was established under the affiliation of Hacettepe University.. The Department of Urology was established in 1975. With the rapid development of Erciyes University in Turkey where the modern urology practice and has become a training center where the unique urology. From 1976, when its first education started, it has been trained a total of 52 urology specialists. In our department, there are 4 professors, 1 associate professor, 2 assistant professors and 1 specialist doctor. The training of 4 research assistants who are in the specialist training period is still continuing. Currently, there are 2 pediatric urology assistant in the department of Pediatric Urology. All diagnostic and therapeutic approaches within the scope of urology are performed by educated personnel, especially faculty members and research assistants, using modern technological devices and systems.
Our clinic has 26 beds (23 adults, 3 children) on the 11th floor. Our policlinic services are located in the 1st floor E corridor and ESWL unit is on the ground floor D corridor. In our department with three operation rooms, on average 60 operations are performed per week.
In the field of our department, with expert research specialists, we provide outpatient services in the following urology sub-branches.
- General outpatient clinic (every day of the week): 60 patients
- Andrology and infertility policlinic (Every monday): 60 patients
- Uro-oncology outpatient clinic (Every tuesdays): 50 patients
- Child Urology Outpatient Clinic (Every tuesdays): 50 children
- Women's Urology Policlinic (Every wednesday): 20 patients
The main diagnostic and treatment procedures performed in our department are;
- Laparoscopic procedures (radical prostatectomy, radical nephrectomy, pelvic nephrectomy, nephroureterectomy, ureterolithotomy, undescended testis, ureteropelvic junction stenosis, retroperitoneal lymph node dissection (RPLND))
- Endoscopic and percutaneous interventions (Systeretroscopy, URS, Flexible URS, Micro PNL, Ultra Mini PNL, Mini PNL, PNL, TURP, TUR-MT, TUIP, Systitotripsy)
- Prostate biopsy (12 core, 24 core saturation and MR fusion biopsies)
- Urodynamy, Uroflowmetry, Biofeedback
- Drug administration into the bladder
- Spermiogram (Semen analysis)
- Intracavernous drug administration in erectile dysfunction
- Almost all open urology surgeries
Polyclinic Secretary : +90 352 207 66 66 - 21127
Clinical Secretary : +90 352 207 66 66 - 21125 / 21126